While knowledge, experience, and resources are crucial to success, the underlying linchpin is often relationships. At the heart of meaningful accomplishments are the connections we forge and nurture. And the secret ingredient? Humility. Here are five pivotal ways to foster these relationships:
- Assist others in achieving their missions and goals.
- Forgive their mistakes, even when it feels undeserved.
- Acknowledge and respect their intrinsic dignity as individuals.
- Welcome their strengths and invite them to contribute.
- Provide the necessary space and support, allowing them to achieve greatness.
With these practices, not only do we elevate ourselves but we uplift those around us, creating a collective pathway to success.
Jacob Niemeier, P.E.
Jacob Niemeier grew up in Indiana, graduated from Purdue University in 2012. In 2017, he Founded Vera Aqua Vera Vita, a nonprofit focused on clean water. He also owns a professional cleaning business. He and his wife have two children.
Darren Smith is a native Texan and a graduate of Dallas Jesuit and Texas A&M University. Over the past 25 years, Darren has visited 35 countries and led 100 strategy programs. He and his wife have five children.